Saturday, January 14, 2012

Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked DSi (review)

:)
Hello,
The holidays are over and so have everyone’s favorite Chipmunks and sassy Chipettes are back with more holiday tunes and fun! Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked is in theaters everywhere (leaving soon!)  and the Chipmunks are on an all new adventure that you won’t want to miss out on.
After you check out the movie this weekend, be sure to head to the store and pick up a copy of Majesco Entertainment’s latest videogame, Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked which is now available on Kinect™ for Xbox 360®, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.
In need of a belated Christmas gift? Rated E10+, Alvin and The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked makes the perfect gift for everyone on your list, Christmas may be over, but we've got birthdays every month, don't we? I know I do! I have my Dad's this month- January, in February we have Valentine's Day, my anniversary in March, April is Easter, Devonny's in May, my sisters in June, Giana's in July, mine in August- Noah's (and my moms!) in September, Courteney's in October, Thanksgiving in November, and of course- before you know it again it's December (I like to buy presents all year!) it's never-ending exhausting you see?!  This game offers hours of gameplay and  30 popular Chipmunk tunes to keep you singing, dancing and entertained for days.
Please visit www.ChipwreckedGame.com to watch the game launch trailer!  
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked

AGES 10+
 Nintendo DS
Everyone's favorite musical acts, Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Chipettes, are back to sing and dance. Choose any of the six chipmunks--Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor--as playable characters.

Perform 50 different dance moves by following the moves on the screen in time to the beat; the closer to the beat you perform the move, the more points you will earn.
Rock out to 30 of the greatest chipmunk tunes as you entertain roaring crowds.
Perform fantastic finishing moves to increase your score by filling up your "Munk Power" meter.
Customize your characters choosing across four categories including shirts, hats, glasses and bling!
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked is a Rhythm-Music game inspired by the 2011 major motion picture of the same name. The game features six customizable chipmunk characters from the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise and 30 songs that players keep rhythm to either alone or in 2-player co-op. Additional features include: easy-to-follow on-screen dance directions, 50 different dance moves, finishing dance moves, six in-game tropical locations, immediate in-game feedback on performances, DS touch based controls and more.


Stay in Time with Alvin and the Chipmunks

Stay in time with Alvin and the Chipmunks in rhythm-based handheld experience for DS that lets you perform for the crowd as one of your favorite singing Chipmunks or sassy Chipettes. Dance to classic Chipmunk hits as you play in environments right from the big screen. Players can also unleash your 'Munk Power' to perform ultra-cool finishing dance moves. Get the party started in the exciting musical adventure that is Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.


Rhythm-Music based fun with Alvin and the Chipmunks inspired by their 2011 film.

Key Game Features

Everyone's favorite musical acts, Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Chipettes, are back to sing and dance. 

Choose any of the six chipmunks -- 
Alvin, Simon, Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor -- as playable characters.


Perform 50 different dance moves by following the moves on the screen in time to the beat; the closer to the beat you perform the move, the more points you will earn
Rock out to 30 of the greatest chipmunk tunes as you entertain roaring crowds
Perform fantastic finishing moves to increase your score by filling up your "Munk Power" meter
Customize your characters choosing across four categories including:
  1. shirts 
  2. hats 
  3. glasses 
  4. and bling

Journey around the world on a cruise ship visiting six tropical locations inspired by the movie including: Jungle, Docks, Cabin, Jungle Tree House, Tiki Club and International Music Award Stage
Experience the movie in Story Mode where stages are inspired by the film with short cutscenes
Jump right into the action and play any songs in Freeplay Mode

  1. Earn instant feedback after good performances with special effects including fireworks and dancing fish
  2. Team up with a friend and have a dance party to earn the highest score in two player co-op mode
  3. Earn different types of trophies based on your performance and put them on display


  • 30 Chipmunk tunes.
  • 50 different dance moves.
  • Story mode and multiplayer.


Our Opinion:

Gigi: "I like that I get to pick which chipmunk I get to play! My favorite is Brittney! I just love dressing her up! I think it's a little bit hard for me. Probably the hardest game I own. I only have four. But I do like making it dance and I love the little songs in the chipmunk voices!!! I like changing the sounds of it. But I do not like is that they make a picture on the ball, and I am supposed to make it- but sometimes it is too hard for me. my mommy said this game is ages 10+ and I thought I would be able to do it, since I am almost 7, but I do like playing it.. just a little hard. I end up playing other games instead.

Sooo... we had the Hubby play it, here's what he had to say:

Noah: "It's neat that you can change the characters outfits. I can see where kids could really enjoy this game. The game features very popular songs, that adults and children alike would enjoy. I would much rather hear her in the backseat of the car with this game, than some of the other bland repetitive tunes that pay as the back drop for other games!!! You draw  a line/symbol/pattern to get points as they sing. Then you have to switch over to 3 different characters and put the different shapes that each one has to get points. You want points because you have to have enough stars to unlock the next song. Once I figured out how to do it, it wasn't hard at all. You can get fast paced when you have all three characters having symbols at the same time, which is probably why it is rated for ages 10+. I think that Giana would appreciate more if they had customization for the outfits, or outfits available. It's pretty basic- I just wish there was more content than just playing the sings, perhaps more story-line or interactive worlds? I think this game is well suited for children, if perhaps a bit noneducational, still really fun! I give it 4 stars! (Out of five!)



Our Pictures!

*Disclaimer* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.