Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Flat Iron Experts review of Babyliss Pro Hot Rollers!


  Flat Iron Experts sends me things from time to time, and I have come to LOVE this company!


When I asked to review their hot rollers, I almost felt like an old lady! I associate hot rollers with my mom, when I was very young, and something that seems so outdated. In actuality they are awesome and here is why I think so. They are so easy! If I shower, I have to blow dry my hair- then flat iron it. That can take me over an hour, up to two! Very time consuming. But hot rollers? I can put them in damp hair if I want loose curls, and dry hair (Blow-dryer free!) if I want tight curls.
Scrunching my hair with mousse is easiest, because I have wavy hair. So all that entails is applying mousse towel-dried hair and playing with it for a minute or two and running out the door. (Which is what I usually do most days.) 
I was excited to see the Babyliss Pro hot-roller set, as I've heard really good things about Babyliss hot rollers before. I like the hot rollers they sent for so many reasons. First of all there are so many rollers in this set!!!!
The set contains 30 rollers of all sizes.
The holder can be laid flat, as most normal hot rollers are and grab from the top, or an easier way it has a kick stand to place the vertically, and grab them. 

I love that they are ionic, and I love the way they make my hair look. The ionic setter is important to me, as it's less likely to damage the hair. Any heat appliance causes damage to the hair cuticle, and even though the manufacturers of all these technologically advanced appliances (ionic, tourmaline, etc) claim they are gentle to the hair, according to my stylist the ionic ones are the better ones to buy, especially if used on a regular basis.
I love the little "teeth" on each roller. They help them from sliding. I thought that they would make them harder to remove from my hair, but not at all!
I love the little clips that came with them. I assume they come with the set since they were inside the box! Mine came with 30, so I don't know if that is something only Flat Iron Experts does.. because I know other sites sell it with only 15. Either way- you can order more on Flat Iron Experts, in case they break, or you need extra: Hot Roller Clips

 They are so much more handy than my old set which had these skinny claws that didn't wrap around the entire roller.
I love the amount and variety of sizes available. it is just right. My last set had 3 sizes.. this set contains FOUR.
They work like a charm. I like the easy click switch, and I love that they are not just "on" you can chose "High" or "Low".


The Basics







  • Very gentle on the hair--very easy to use.Dual ionic ports emits millions of negative ions resulting in shiny, frizz-free hair.
  • Includes 15 butterfly clips with handy storage pouch
  • Folding arm for vertical positioning
  • 2 Professional temperature settings with ultra fast heat-up
  • Ceramic generates far infrared heat for faster gentle styling.
  • This setter heats up in about 5 minutes, the arm that converts this set from a horizontal to a vertical one is ingenious. It saves so much space on my vanity to have this set up vertically. 
  • The sturdy double doors open up to just a plethora of rollers. 
  • The sizes range from jumbo to small and if you have long hair, which I do, this is important. 
  • The jumbo rollers really are, jumbo. 
  • The large rollers on this set are larger than the so called large rollers on other sets. 
  • The claw clips are better than any other type of clips I've ever used
  • Soft Claw type Clips are one size fits all and stay in place 
  • Dual temp switch, low, high plus off with red LED light when is use 
  • Hot temperature setting is really hot for those of us who need it. 
  • Converts from a horizontal to a vertical hair setter. 
  • Dual split vertical cover for easy access. 
  • Can keep covers closed while on, without fear of damaging the setter 
  • Larger roller sizes than other setters. 
  • 8 jumbo, 8 large, 8 medium & 6 small rollers, suitable for ALL hair lengths. 
  • Color coded rollers make it easier to return rollers to setter after use 
  • 30 roller set is just better than the smaller 20 roller sets. 
  • Innovative design looks great on your vanity! 
  • Uses posts to heat rollers, not the flimsy slide bars that other brands use. 
  • Cloth sturdy drawstring bag provided for clips. 


I have two issues with these hot rollers..
One - Devonny wants to play with them so bad.. and tells me they are "Pretty"  ... :)
Two - They don't seem to heat evenly. One side is hotter than the other, which worries me for even styling, and I feel I have to hug the hair to the hotter side... the other side is luke-warm. The prongs that hold the rollers are very hot, and I have bumped into them unknowingly and trust me when I say; IT HURTS.
Be careful for that!
I have included numerous pictures of my hair in various states: straight, wavy (scrunched) and hot rolled for your comparison.
The pictures of my daughter and I with our hair curly, were taken after we styled out hair with this beauty the Babyliss Ceramic pro..
Overall, i have to admit, I quite love this thing. Especially for it's cuteness, I don't feel I have to put it away. 

I definitely recommend this product and I totally recommend Flat Iron Experts!!! Go visit them and find one-stop shopping for all of your hair/beauty needs. They have rollers, curling irons, blow dryers, hair products, styling, washing, conditioning, and of course, flat irons!

OUR PICTURES - Feature us " angry " before we got our hair rolled!  (LOL!) 

MY BEFORE:
Angry                                                                                                     .....   but I got my rollers in!


MY AFTER:
War Eagle                                                                                                                                                                                              Cute?


Gigi Before:
Angry


GiGi AFTER:

Gorgeous tight curls                                                                                                          ..loose curls






Medium










SCRUNCHED:
Scrunch & Go




STRAIGHT
High Maintenance hair



Which way looks best?




*Disclaimer* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.