Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nick Jr - Fresh beat bands new spoof of Wizard of Oz! TOMORROW 1/28



L-R: Twist, Marina, Jason Mraz, Kiki, Shout in The Fresh Beat Band “The Wizard of Song”



The Fresh Beat Band are off to see The Wizard, played by music superstar Jason Mraz, in the brand-new hour-long special The Fresh Beat Band, “The Wizard of Song,” premiering Friday, Jan. 27, at 1:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon.  In the episode, Marina gets swept up into a windstorm and lands in Oz where she meets Glinda The Good Witch played by Sarah Chalke (Scrubs), befriends a Scarecrow (Twist), a Tin Woods-Woman (Kiki), and a Lion (Shout).  They set off on a journey to find the Wizard of Song (Jason Mraz) so he can help Marina get back home.



In advance of the Fresh Beat Bands’ nearly sold out nationwide concert tour, Nickelodeon will release the first-everThe Fresh Beat Band soundtrack – The Fresh Beat Band: Music From The Hit TV Show -- available on iTunes and in stores everywhere on Tuesday, Jan. 31.  The Fresh Beat Band: Music From The Hit TV Show is the highly anticipated first soundtrack for the popular preschool group who are gearing up for their first 15-week, 95-show live tour kicking off Feb. 2 in Anaheim, Calif.  The album features 19 catchy, preschool-friendly tracks culled from three seasons of the live-action TV series that teaches kids about music appreciation and how to express their feelings through movement, song and instrumental music.  Both the soundtrack and the tour will showcase the Fresh Beats most popular songs including, “Here We Go,” “Stomp the House,” “A Friend Like You,” and “Just Like A Rockstar,” which peaked at number-one on the iTunes Children’s Songs chart.  For more information about The Fresh Beat Band, check out the tour website -- http://www.freshbeatbandlive.com, Facebook page www.facebook.com/freshbeatbandlive and for more Fresh Beat activities and fun go to http://www.nickjr.com/the-fresh-beat-band/.

Our Opinion

OH WOW! This is awesome in so many ways I do not know where to begin! First of all, My dear daughter; Giana, loves the Fresh Beat Band. In fact- she loves it so much it's annoying. Devonny, my youngest also loves it too, as there is so much music in each episodes. Don't get me wrong, I love the wholesomeness that Fresh Beat Band brings to the table, but only so much of it's music I can take. That being said, this episode was a breath of fresh air, featuring the lovely Jason Mraz singing I'm Yours, but the lyrics were changed (just ever-so slightly) to be a better fit for a younger crowd. I love the song I'm Yours and was tickled to see it being featured in kid's TV programming, add to that that MY kids watch this show and I am so much happier to hear that blaring from my living room than the other songs that are so often repeated on this show. No matter my opinion of the show one thing is a fact- the characters of this show can always be counted on to do what's right and help each other. It is important to me that my children watch shows showing this, not violent cartoons, and other mess than can be commonly shown on TV nowadays. What about the smart-alec little girl from the Proud family back-talking her Momma? None of that here. (I did love that show though.. just not for younger kids. See: my kids) I am a big fan of the Wizard of Oz and tickled pick to see it spoofed for children's programming. The colors are visually stimulating and characters costumes true to originals and very detailed. I love that they changed the story just a little bit, and Giana watched this special screener (We got overnighted)  they sent us 3x today! Not once did it get on my nerves!!!

So that's a wrap. If you want to see for yourself what all the fuss is about, tune in tomorrow, check your local programming!
Peace out for now!  
Casey C
Locomotion of Expressions


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.