Tuesday, November 15, 2011

#hotinhotpants by Zaggora Lose weight & cellulite in revolutionary sports clothes

J


"Hotpants have been taking the UK by storm. Women are wearing them, exercising, and losing weight and now you will be one of the first women in the United States to own a pair. Read all about the Zaggora Hotpants story."

"Specially designed with Celu‐Lite™ technology, Hotpants work hard to reduce body fat and the visible appearance of cellulite by using natural body heat to increase your perspiration by up to 80%."


Read this hilarious news article about Hotpants!

"According to the company, the HotPants sports shorts containing bio-ceramic technology that will enable reflection of body generated heat back to the tissue and help you lose weight. You should start to see results if worn consistently after 4 to 6 weeks."




Hotpants are made to be worn while either working out, lounging around, or doing chores/housework.
With today's lazy dieters, is this just another fad like ShapeUps?
Well, you guys know me, and you know I always give my opinion, no matter who doesn't like it. The thing with these pants is, they didn't give me enough time for me to say. See, they shipped from the UK, and I just got them in the mail a week ago. The HotPants challenge states that you should wear them everyday for two weeks. OK, I have major, major issues with that. Sorry Zaggora, but these shorts are hand wash only. I barely have time to yawn some days, much less hand wash these....


Maybe if they had given me more time to review the product, I would know. Most of my blog reviews don't have immediate deadlines. This one came in the mail a week ago, shipped from UK, which is a long journey. Mail shipped from overseas takes a long time to get to it's destination, even though I am on the East Coast. This review is due in two days I think.

I have wore them four times... and I was surprised how big they are. It's not that they don't fit. Not at all... they do! But they come up so high. Like granny panties. ( See images in this blog post to see what I mean.) Now if you are skinny enough, you can pull off this look. But if you are thicker, you will just look silly. And what would a skinny girl like in the pictures need Hotpants for anyway?

Since sweat is made mostly of water, it weighs a lot. If you sweat enough, you will notice an immediate drop in weight because your body has lost a lot of water.  Your body is constantly working to keep a certain amount of water. Your weight will fluctuate with hydration levels.

 Mostly I felt like I was wearing a beer koozie. When I walked it made the funniest sounds too, Giana thought it was hilarious. I noticed some of the other Zaggora Hotpants reviews were sent Hotpants with a zipper, but mine did not have one. Maybe because I ordered mine in size Large because I am a size 10? I am thinking now I should've ordered Medium. If you are contemplating purchasing, and you are my size keep this in mind. I'm utterly baffled by the zipper thing though.

 I also want to add that if you do plan on purchasing  you should google "Zagorra Hotpants Brand Ambassador" and then, you will find a blogger who represents the brand, and they will have a special coupon code for you to use for 10% off!

water bottle
I want to say that I did sweat a lot, that's totally true! I do mean a lot! To be honest, I must be getting old..because I found that pants that sit that high are really comfortable. *Sighs* I am becoming my mother....
Sweating is good for the body, it helps release toxins, but it also dehydrates you, so the water weight you lose, seems like you would just be drinking it right back when you hydrate? In addition, wearing sweat so close to my skin, makes my skin go nuts. The pants came up to my bra line, and caused little sweat bumps. They were soaking wet when I took them off though, and I wasn't even exercising. So they definitely work. Keep in mind please, your opinions and experiences with products will be different than mine. Maybe I can check back in in a few weeks, but without having another pair or two, I just don't see how I could tell you if they help you to lose wight or not.

The cost per pair  $71.86! I do think that this product would work, and will work for me, while I don't feel it is safe to wear them everyday, and definitely keep drinking water while you are working out, I do think that it might help a little and I intend to keep wearing them to the gym, despite how silly I sound/look! I wish they were more attractive looking and came in different colors.
My overall feel for this is so-so. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I'm stuck in the middle with you, and trying to figure out if I like it or not. Hope I remember to check back about these, and post later!





http://zaggora.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/myhotpants


Disclosure: I was hooked up with this review by Mom Bloggers Club15,000 Members Strong & Counting, but the product was provided to me free of charge by Zaggora in hopes that I would review this product on my blog. No monetary compensation was exchanged and all opinions are 100% my own.

3 comments:

B-Rae said...

A Zaggora ads state that they help you sweat 80% more. Sweating more does not equate to a better workout. Excess sweating is actually counterproductive, defies common sense, & may even be dangerous if you become too dehydrated.. Sweating is the body's natural response to cool you down. When you sweat excessively, the fluid loss is naturally gained back when you rehydrate. The common sense way to workout is to wear apparel that is cool & comfortable.

Anonymous said...

How long did it take for you to get them once they shipped?

Ally Jameson said...

Sweating is the most natural thing that you can do while struggling to put off weight. If it was unhealthy, then no exercise should make you sweat. Sweat stimulates blood circulation and detoxifies your body too.

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.