Good news to all the diabetics, the dieters, and pregnant women*. You DO NOT have to give up soda! That's right! Zevia is an all natural soda that has no artificial sweeteners, HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup), or anything bad! Zevia is recommended by Moms everywhere, and a popular favorite among dieters too!
But what is Zevia?
Zevia is soda made with the Stevia Leaf, so it's an all natural sugar, with zero calories. I bought a Stevia plant last year, but my kids picked all the leafs off and ate them. Well, OK, I helped.The plant's leaves itself, do actually taste a little different than the soda. I love that this soda has guilt free sweeteners, because I do worry about the long-term effect that artificial sweeteners have on our body. I enjoy them, on occasion, but try to limit them for health reasons. Zevia is sweetened with a combination of stevia and erythritol. Both are plant based sweeteners that contain no sugar and only a small amount of carbohydrates (7 grams per can). Regular sodas have around 30 grams of sugar and typical diet sodas are sweetened with artificial sweeteners. You can't pick aspartame off of a tree, because it is a chemical made in a lab. If you want to learn more about the Stevia plant, then read all about it here on Zevia's website. It explains it even further, and how the FDA has approved it.
Nine flavor's of Zevia are caffeine-free! Cola, Dr Zevia & Mountain Zevia are not. Those are the "cola" drinks that do contain caffeine. So the delicious kid's flavors you don't have to worry that they will get "all-jacked-up" on Caffeine, like the kids in Talladega Nights. Too funny. Sorry.
Zevia sent me their “Rainbow Case” which includes 2 cans of each of the 12 flavors? SRP is $23.96. But you can buy a six pack of Zevia for around $3.50 to $6 depending on where you buy it at!
Lets go through what we thought of each of the 12
- Black Cherry - This one was pretty good! It tastes so fruity and sweet, and was the one Giana loved the most!
- Caffeine Free Cola - I didn't care for this flavor too much. It tasted a tad bit too sweet for me, and had some strange note/flavor I couldn't put my finger on, but the label said it contained Nutmeg Oil, so it's possible I just don't like that spice? It didn't have too much of an aftertaste, and the kids seemed to like it.
- Cola - Again, not one of my favorites. Probably my least favorite. Sorry Zevia. I'm sure, you- as a reader understand that people's taste-buds vary greatly and what one dislikes, another might truly like very much!
- Cream Soda - THIS was Giana's very favorite. I didn't get much more than a sip, and she was sneaky, and got the 2nd can, and drank it too. With the sip I did get, it tasted just like Cream Soda, so if you like Cream Soda, this is spot-on!
- Dr. Zevia - This was my husbands (and MY!) very favorite! We made Dr Zevia Floats out of the two cans, and I have to say, if I were to buy it, this would be what I would purchase!
- Ginger Ale - This blend contains actual ginger, so this is perfect for the queasy pregnant woman. Ginger soothes upset tummies!
- Ginger Root Beer - This wasn't a favorite of mine either. Noah drank one, and Giana drank the other. She kept trying to sneak these into her school lunch. I let her take them two times, but then I stopped because their lunch is 20 minutes long, and she was wasting them, because she spends most of her lunchtime talking. This I know from visiting her during lunch-time.
- Grape - Devonny drank these with a straw. Well, what she didn't spill. She was barely coming up for air!
- Grapefruit Citrus - Noah loves grapefruit. The kids and I do not. He drank both of these, and he did enjoy them. I am biased against grapefruit, period. So you probably won't get a fair opinion of it from me.
- Lemon Lime Twist - One word: "Tasty!"
- Mountain Zevia - Also another favorite of ours. If I were shopping for Zevia, and the Dr Zevia wasn't available. This would be the 2nd favorite and would be what I would buy!
- Orange - The kids enjoyed these 2 cans immensely!
So if you want to try it for yourself, you can easily go to their site and locate it. As well, there is also a coupon for Canadians, and Americans http://www.zevia.com/savings alike. If perchance you cannot find Zevia, they make that easy too. You can print up, and fill out this .pdf product request form and give it to your local grocer.
Does the chef in you crave to create with this guilt-free yummy-ness? Then find the perfect soda recipe on the Zevia website!
*(By the American Pregnancy Association!)
The winner of this giveaway (1) will receive one coupon for a free 6 pack of Zevia soda! I want to personally thank Zevia for providing you with this opportunity. Please thank them on their Facebook wall, and tell them how you found them!RULES
- If you want to win, simply "like" any of the pages on this list and tell me your facebook name. Each "Like" = 1 optional entry. Please prove you liked by providing your display name. Zevia & LocomotionOfExpressions
- Which flavor do you think you would like best, comment below.
- Which flavor do you think kids would likes best? Tell me in a comment below.
- You can also either/or chose to "Follow" the Twitter pages as well, please leave your @username (handle) for validation purposes. @zevia & @1caseycolette
- You may give me +k. klout.com/#/1caseycolette/topics Each 1 +k you give = 1 entry, please tweet out that you did so through Klout's automatic widget.
- In addition, you may add me as an influencer for another extra entry!
- Follow me via GFC for one entry!
- (For those who haven't yet signed up for Klout, please do it has Perks for its members, including all sorts of free things!
- Tweet this giveaway! using the buttons at the bottom of this post mentioning @1caseycolette AND @Zevia
- Add my button to your page for a few extra entries - 3 to be exact, w three separate comments to gain full credit, all three having a link to where the button is located. My grab me is located on the sidebar.
- Blog about this giveaway for 7 extra entries, placing 7 separate comments to gain full credit leaving the link in each one, please.
- Sign up by email/rss/feed to this blog here: feeds.feedburner.com/LocomotionOfExpressions
- Enter any of my other giveaways. No limit of how many except only one comment can be left per giveaway entered..
- For 3 extra entries, add this giveaway to a giveaway linky. Tell me which linky it is on, preferably leaving a link to the linky. I have a linky your welcome to add your giveaways to.
- Comment on any of my other blog posts. No limit of how many except only one comment can be left per giveaway entered.. comment must be relevant to the topic/post and show thought.
*Disclaimer* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.
This giveaway will end on Noon Eastern at 2/28/12.