Friday, February 10, 2012

Violent Lips (review)



I was so excited to review Violent Lips! I have seen them in magazines before, and they look so cool, right?
Since my husband is in the military, I decided the patriotic collection would be best for us! 
There are flags for many many countries but of course, being an American, I wanted the American Flag lips! 
This pack contains 3 lip tattoos for only $9.99. 
I must admit, it's a little harder than it looks. I totally goofed the first one, and I was able to successfully get them on my six year old Giana the second time. Luckily, I was also sort-of able to get them on mine. I seem to be much better at applying them to someone else's lips - rather than my own.
In the video on their Youtube channel, they make it look so easy! 


I found a neat trick to applying them, that I am going to share with you!
In order to get them on better, get a darkish lipstick (preferably one that you can see the print of on the back of a piece a paper) and apply it as you normally would to your lips. Then, get a white piece of paper, and make a "kiss" on it. Don't pucker up too much, keep your lips kind-of relaxed. 
Then, line up the lip tattoo on the back (not the side with the lipstick) cut your lips that way with the protective coating still attached. 
After you have successfully cut it out, then its safe to remove the clear sticky protector sheet from the tattoo. 
Of course, before you apply it to your lips, you need to get the lipstick off so the Violent Lips will stick.
To do so just get a wet wash-rag.. or anything you remove your makeup with, and wipe it off. Dry your lips good too, that will definitely help.
Then just place the image side down onto the lip. Get a wet rag, paper towel, anything really.
It doesn't take but a few dabs, and a little bit of pressure. Peel off the white paper and the tattoo should stick. I noticed the ends want to curl up. If you rub them down and wait a minute they will stick.
They feel rather awkward, but look super cool. I sort-of wish I had ordered the pink cheetah



Feeling Patriotic? Represent the Red, White and Blue on your lips with our American Flag Lips Print.
The ultimate form of self-expression, Violent Lips Temporary Lip Appliques will give you a perfectly patterned pout that will last through the night!
This innovative line of Temporary Lip Appliqués will keep the print and color on your lips for 4 to 8 hours. Vitamin enhanced with a smooth feel and glossy finish, the appliqués are easy to apply to lips of all sizes.



I feel that with enough practice I could be really good at this. If you want to be frugal, and you have small lips (like Giana) you can actually get two uses from one sheet.

Just sayin..
:)
Ready for our pictures?
The American flag lips!



Follow them! Twitter @violentlips
"Like" them! Facebook @ violentlips
Watch them! Youtube channel


*Disclaimer*  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.