Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spinach Casserole a~ la` Casey recipe

I am not big on sharing my secret recipes, because they are- after all.. mine! But I just want to share this with you, because it sounds like something from a pregnant womans mind, but let me tell you super delicious. You will need 5 simple ingredients.
2 bags of frozen spinach
1 pack of dry white country gravy (not peppered white, country white!)
4 eggs
1/4 cup of melted butter (I never said it was low fat!)
and ready dough biscuits, frozen, or whatever you like.
Now I am not really big on measurements or cooking times. I kinda just flub it (I get it from my momma) and the food always turns out perfect. Loving my oven because it has a automatic shut off when the timer goes off. I know, I know - I am too easily impressed by simple technology
Anyway your going to take a massive frying pan, and get the two bags of spinach and half cook them, to where they are not frozen anymore. When they are almost done, you get the four eggs, and crack them right on top of the spinach, stir them around and scramble them, and go ahead and add that melted butter. Basically just stir fry the eggs (sans shell silly!) and butter into the spinach, Never stop stirring cause the eggs will stick. Add whatever seasonings you like, I suggest garlic powder and pepper. There is enough salt in the prepared gravy - I promise. anywho, prepare the grav and crank up the over to about 370. Get a glass baking dish and pour the gravy and spinach into it, stirring and mixing it ever so gently (you can do this in a bowl, but I just do it in the pan. It makes a mess sure, but better than another dirty dish (to me).
So now, you take your biscuits and spread them on top of this mixture. Bake them as directed for about 15-20 minutes. I just watch them every 5 until they get to the way I like them. I don't like a browned biscuit- they have to be kind of soft.
Big hint- frozen biscuits do marvelous for softness. They retain the moisture better than refrigerated biscuits.
Take it out of the oven and let cool.
Enjoy Casey's Creation!
YUM!
Deliciousness. I'm going to have to make this for a Christmas dinner side dish!
Maybe one day I'll share my spam recipe that blows the socks off your feet.
Just maybe...

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.