Thursday, September 15, 2011

Razors Blades - Cut Like a Knife .. but it feels so right!

The Art of Shaving wants me to interview my husband for this post about shaving.. so without further ado.. here we go!


Question #1 - What is your favorite kind of razor?  I really like old fashioned single blade razors and safety razors . Single blade gives you the closest shave, but I can't have outside distractions or I might cut myself.             
                                                                         Question #2 - What is good advice for a beginning shaver?  Shave with the grain is important if you don't want a rash.   You want to shave downward on your face and neck, WITH the direction your whiskers grow. At least for the first pass, a North-to-South stroke will get rid of most of your stubble without irritating your skin. If you shower first, I have heard that it softens hair plus opens pores, thus making the shave easier.                                         


Question #3 - How do you deal with nicks and razor burn once you get it?                                                  
You can treat a razor burn with cold water or fragranced lotion and also aloe vera gel.
                                                                                   Question #4 - Do you prefer shaving gel or foam?                                                             Every man is different, I prefer a gel and sometimes I also like to use                                        shaving soap
                                                                                         Question #5 - Favorite shaving accessory
? Definitely the badger shaving brush  . Why?  It gives a much more even application of the foam. Because it looks expensive and lasts a long time. Brings me back to the old days when my Dad used to leave his in the bathroom on the counter.


Disclaimer:
I am participating in a blogger campaign by 
 Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

www.Bucks2Blog.com

1 comments:

Shannon's Tales of Motherhood said...

I like the way your husband choose to shave north-south strokes.I'm old fashion as well!

Thanks,
Shannon
shannpf1977 @ yahoo dot com

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.