Thursday, September 29, 2011

O.N.E Coconut Water review

How lucky am I these days? I get to interact with all of these great brands! One namely being O.N.E Coconut Water!
O.N.E.™ coconut water with a splash


I have tried O.N.E. coconut water before. I can find it in my local Publix store.. plus my other favorite store online is Amazon.. you can get free shipping on most everything and some pretty sweet deals too! See, back when I was doing surveys all the time... Most of the companies paid in Amazon Gift Cards (What I will be using to award one winner a 50$ GC to Amazon for my Locomotion of Giving contest! ) That was the first time I decided to try them. I got the O.N.E Coconut Water with Passion Fruit and it was delicious! I got them for a great deal too! I think they were $15.52 with free shipping for a 12 pack, making them around one dollar a piece! 

(My O.N.E. Coconut water shipment!)


You know what my favorite thing about O.N.E. Coconut Water is? Not that it's good for you, although that doesn't hurt. I most enjoy the smaller containers. Anyone who knows me and reads my blog knows if it 'aint coffee or tea (which I love as much as coconut stuff!) and sometimes even if it is.. it's super hard for me to drink more than like 2-3 glasses of liquids a day. Days go by where I don't drink at all, because I am not thristy. It's weird and unhealthy. But it's just me. So a lot of the time.. I pour a drink and it goes to waste. O.N.E. plain coconut waters (which I didn't get, but would LOVE to have!) have resealable lids. Like twist off! But even though I didn't get those I can always order them later.. and probably will! 

The variety I was sent is pictured below!

Pink Guava. I have never had fresh or flavored Guava anything. I wasn't sure I was going to like it. But I did! I do know that the Passion Fruit flavor is better. In my opinion- but this one was just as good! 

I'm off track, the best part is how little they are. Most people would be turned off by that, But I love everything about the container. I love the shape, the little aluminum (plastic?) pull tab to insert a straw OR drink from. I like the metallic shine of the paper on the drinks. I even like the color and shade of blue used. I like the way it tastes mostly. I just like it head to toe. You know- if it was bad, I'd be the first one to tell you!


Now lets get into what the sent to Giana and Devonny. The kids O.N.E. Coconut Waters! They actually sent four 8 packs of kids drinks. That is awesome. I wish these were more widely available at every store. Maybe soon. Hopefully. Well, Devonny loves the coconut water (w guava) and the Kids variety they sent. The drinks to be honest... I don't like it at all! However- Giana hasn't said a word about not liking them. The regular O.N.E. drinks are much better, but the kids drinks were definitely not my forte.
The Kids O.N.E. has four varieties: Apple, Fruit Punch, Raspberry Lemonade, and Orange. Giana liked Fruit Punch and I liked Raspberry Lemonade! Devonny liked them all! 

Giana likes juice boxes, and these fit that need, a typical fun kids juice box with straw! No different on the outside to the child. They don't realize its "good for them". But inside, much much different than the massive juice overload at the store. My issue with juices nowadays is this: you can buy a flavored juice, and the juice is 75% apple and/or apple & pear! You know why?
It's cheaper because it's crops are more resistant. 

It has an average retail price of 48.55 on Amazon.. but it is the 32 drinks, The 4 packs of 8 packs, just like what I was sent. That makes each drink average about 1.50? I am pretty bad at math, but that looks about right to me. That seems a little steep, especially for us to be packing in Giana's lunch for school everyday. But on their website you can also buy coconut water, and the same waters are $21.44. I guess it's supply and demand with them rather than a set price. The prices seem to rise and fall a lot with them online. So you never know, looking at their online store with all the prices laid out, some cost significantly more- and some way less. That is a good though! That means if you check it often, you might chance out on a really good deal! Right now, they have a really good deal going on too! But I am grateful we didn't pay for them. Thanks so much Lucy! I wouldn't feel guilty spending Amazon Gift cards I had earned or won on them... A few other webstores sell the drinks for 5$ for an 8 pack. That's a much better price, but I would question it's freshness being sold second hand. When it comes to buying food/drinks online- I'd much rather but it straight from the company!  Paying for private school + uniforms doesn't leave much room for things like this. Water is free. :)
I can't believe I just said that-- no really? I can!
Anyway, it was good and the kids love it. I love knowing the kids are drinking something that is 100% good for them with no bad stuff whatsoever... There aren't many drinks that they can drink around here or that can be bought at the store that are that whole nutrition. They all seem to contain something bad.
Even Orange juice is bad nowadays.  Read the disgusting truth about orange juice. So yes, expensive, but totally worth it. Just remember, you get what you pay for. And when it comes to your life, your health, and especially your kids life and health... It would be more worth it in the long run to be proactive about their health now. There is nothing more healthy than coconuts. :)

So there it is:
You guys know I am coconuts for coconut stuff.

In fact, I have several blog posts about Coconuts already! It's a yummy food. My secret guilty pleasure is an Almond Joy!


The O.N.E. Commitment to Healthy Kids
O.N.E. is a "Trusted Partner" of Healthy Child Healthy World, a non-profit organization that is dedicated to creating healthy environments where children and families can flourish.  They educate parents, support protective policies and engage communities to make responsible decisions, simple every day choices and well-informed lifestyle improvements.

Research shows that our daily fluid intake behavior (spontaneous drinking) is established during the toddler years. So while they are young, teach your children to enjoy drinking water and natural low-sugar beverages like O.N.E. Coconut Water to keep them healthy throughout their life.



Recommended fluid intake for children:
  • 0-6-month-olds — 0.7 liters per day
  • 7-12-month-olds — 0.8 liters per day
  • 1-3 years old — 1.3 liters per day
  • 4-8-year-old kids — 1.7 liters per day
  • Adolescents — more than 3 liters per day for males, and 2-2.7 liters per for females
NOTE: One liter is about 34 ounces

Other Ingredients: Organic Coconut Water From Concentrate, Filtered Water, Apple Juice Concentrate, Pear Juice Concentrate, Lime Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavor, Orange Juice Concentrate, Ascorbic Acid and Cherry Juice Concentrate

Maybe I can do another review with them in the future because this is blowing my mind right now!
Coffee Berry? Cashew? Amazon Acai? Are you kidding me? that sounds delish!


Why Coconut Water anyway? Total Hydration!
Plus don't forget to check out these

Lastly- I want to share with you their donation program!
For every Facebook like O.N.E. Coconut Water receives, they’ll make a free $1 donation to Healthy Child Healthy World




Disclaimer: O.N.E. Coconut Water provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.