Friday, September 9, 2011

MixBook - Birth Announcements review







The announcement I made for Daphne (Front)
Well, this review I got to gift to one of my good friends. I didn't have much need to any announcements of any sorts- but I knew someone who did.. so I designed and made them for her. The cards were very easy to design.. there were several pre-made templates and you can rearrange and re-size, pick fonts, and lay stickers on the birth announcements. All in all, it took me about 15 minutes to make it. But what took the longest time was selecting a card to place the text on. There were so many cute cards, and when you are making one for someone else, well you don't know what they would want. I just so happened to be making them for a friend that I care for that is going through such a hard time in her life.. I really wanted them to be perfect!


The announcement I made (Back)
One of my longtime friends back home, Brandy-  recently got pregnant. She had a very difficult pregnancy, one the doctors kept saying it didn't seem like the baby would make it through. 

Brandy's baby had a heart problem called Heterotaxy syndrome which basically meant, from the way it was explained to me, she only had one chamber in her heart. They didn't think her heart could keep up with her growth. Then, at the end of her pregnancy (that they seemed to be amazed she even made it through), they told Brandy if her baby lived, she would have to have open heart surgery and get a pacemaker. How scary! I prayed for Brandy.. but there is not much I can do to be there for her besides annoy her with my worried phone calls. She is in Birmingham, and I - in Jacksonville. There were also other complications with Brandy's baby including an intestinal problem.. but all this praying must have done some good. I know Brandy has been bombarded with prayers and gifts and helping hands, so much- that she is probably ready for some peace and quiet. Her baby was born, she named her Daphne Sophia and she had her surgery and got her pacemaker and is doing great! She is so beautiful.. with a head FULL of hair and a cute little face you just want to kiss and pinch her cheeks!


I am so very grateful today to be able to say that  Daphne came home from the hospital today! She is exactly one month and one day old and she is a survivor. Brandy (and Daphne's) hard times are currently over.  

I am very grateful to Mixbook.com & Tomoson for helping hook Brandy up with these birth announcements, and I really hope she and her family and friends enjoy them! And she better send me one. Please keep Mixbooks generosity in mind next time you are shopping for all of your photo paper needs. Mixbooks has so much to offer, I also really liked their wedding invitations!

I hope this inspires you that life is precious and we are not promised a single day. They should never be taken for granted. Ever. Live your life to it's fullest and do not take your children for granted.
Thank you, that is all.
(:



Mixbook has a Facbook pagehttp://www.facebook.com/mixbook
Mixbook is on Twitter  @mixbook 




*Disclaimer*
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.