Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cyber Safe Social Networking for kids = Kidzworld!



I don't know if any of you have ever given it much thought but with more and more kids on Facebook, the majority of them underage.... You can tell by their pictures they are too young to be on there. I can tell you first hand I am married to a sailor and I have a foul mouth. Most kids have no business seeing what I write .. and I sure don't want to have to censor myself.  In fact- you don't even have to be friends with them for them to see. I am pretty sure you can have your security sections set to "Friends Only" and if a friend of yours comments on a post of yours it can show up in their friends feed. Social Networks are tricky like that! Where are the parents? Why are there no Social Networking Sites for Kids? With my little girl rounding up her young age, I can't help but wonder how long until she wants one. Sneaks around to make one..etc. There are a few kid friendly sites out there, but most kids either don't know about them.. or are uninterested because their friends are. If we makes these sites available to our children and monitor them well- it seems like a better alternative for all involved. I have seen numerous teenagers post their numbers on Facebook on a friend of mines status. I always comment on it and tell them how foolish they are, but they just shrug. A lot of teens seem to be completely oblivious to the fact they are not immortal. But it's not just teens. Many pre-teens will lie and say they are old enough for an account, when you can look at their page and their collection of Squinkies (Yes, Squinkies!) and tell they are not. It's so silly and I think it's more of a problem than people are aware. That's why I was so relieved to see this site: www.kidzworld.com!





Since there are so few Social Network for Kids, this one is neat! There are blogs, games, quizzes, and articles about things geared towards kids. Since the site is fully moderated parents can rest easy that nothing fishy is going on or being talked about.  The best part I found? A section for 
homework help!


So what are you waiting for? Go check it out and sign your kid up! Make sure they get their friends to sign up too! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.