Thursday, August 18, 2011

College Sports Traditions



College Sports Traditions
Is that the fresh smell of brats and burgers on the burner and the thud of a corn 
hole bag slamming the board? I think it is lads and ladies, and you know what 
that means? It’s just about tailgatin’ time! No matter your alma mater, each 
school has unique traditions upheld each season by sports fans of every kind. 
However, I’m going to be talking about the fashionable aspect of tailgating.
I may be somewhat biased, but SEC schools are known best for representing 
their spirit in style. Take Auburn for example. Guys sport blue and orange ties
or even a traditional blue and orange bow tie, to help them root on the Tigers. 
But don’t forget, the ladies flaunt their school pride in the form of a brightly 
colored dresses or even with a scarf of their teams colors. Expect to see this trend 
topped off with a sea of wayfarers, croakies, and coozies.  
Sound foreign? Welcome to the South.

Whether you support the gamecocks, hilltoppers, tigers or wolverines, doing it in style is 
a tradition that should be carried on for generations. Grab a great tie in your school’s 
colors and make it a trend at your campus or workplace!
Author Bio:  I often find myself remembering the “glory days” of my college fashions. A Western Kentucky ‘Hilltopper’ for life (Go Tops!), most of my memories from school involve tailgating in true southern style. I enjoy keeping up with college sports with my future hubby and am currently scheming up my homecoming wardrobe!
photo ref: hercampus.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.