Saturday, June 16, 2012

Maxim Hygiene Products: Your Period is Natural. What About Your Tampons & Pads?











READ ABOUT THEIR PROJECT- A Gift of Love – their most recent campaign in which they donated a percentage of product sales to a non-profit committed to raising awareness about Toxic Shock Syndrome!!

Green FeminineHygiene Queen @wordpress


Eco-Friendly Organic Tampons, Maxim Hygiene Product also make other cotton products, such as: Pantyliners, and maternity pads & even cotton cosmetic puffs!
 But their tampons are just the same as you have always used, and better in fact. Have you seen the new colorful packages of products on market, they are saying "don't be embarrassed" BUT REALLY... don't those bright colors just draw even more attention? And why in the world would your feminine products have to be "pretty" they should be efficienct, functional.... but pretty is one toke over the line, I think.

These products retail for around 3-4$ a package which is probably WAY less than you pay for them at ANY store, PLUS you have the peace of mind you are not putting those harmful chemicals into your baby-maker! They (chemicals, such as: bleach and/or chemicals used on the cotton crops) can cause irritation.. I experienced no irritation or issues while using these products and I like them immensely.
WHY MAXIM?
FYI-
The tampons are available in 5 types.
Applicator  and NON-applicator:

  • Non applicator are available in Regular, Super & Super PLUS, and come 20 to a box.
    • Certified by the Ethical and Environmental Certification Institute (ICEA): These cotton tampons are organic certified, which means Maxim Hygiene has been approved by strict inspection agencies for using safe, non-toxic methods and materials that protect the environment and our health.
    • Chlorine Free: Chlorine Free Tampons means we don’t use chlorine bleaching to whiten and disinfect the raw materials used to make Maxim tampons. This makes Maxim Hygiene’s organic tampons dioxin free ,keeping away known carcinogens from our most intimate body parts.
    • Hypoallergenic: These hypoallergenic tampons are irritation free because of the breathable qualities of 100% cotton. That means no more itching, even for those with sensitive skin.
    • Synthetic Free and Wood Pulp Free:For a Softer, Irritation Free, Plastic-less feel and Real Breathable Cotton Experience
    • BiodegradableThese biodegradable tampons decompose easily for less waste.
    • Fragrance Free: All of our organic tampons are fragrance free to help prevent the risk of irritation.
  • The applicator tampons are only available in SUPER & Regular
    • Synthetic Free: For a Softer, Irritation Free, Plastic-less feel and Real Breathable Cotton Experience
    • BiodegradableThese biodegradable tampons decompose easily for less waste.
    • Fragrance Free: All of our organic tampons are fragrance free to help prevent the risk of irritation.
    • Cardboard Applicator: Designed with a smooth and rounded tip to make tampon insertion comfortable and easy.
    • Finger Grip Grooves: Make it easier to keep tampon steady and properly placed during insertion.
    • Individually Wrapped in Biodegradable Cellulose Paper:For your health safety and carrying convenience.
    • Security Veil: Keeps fibers in tact and prevents cotton fibers from shredding and staying inside the body, especially during tampon removal.
    • Recommended Use: Light - Regular Flow Days.
    • Count: 16 Pieces

Maxim's certified organic/natural cotton products are chlorine dioxin synthetic wood pulp-free!!!

PLUS! sign up for their newsletter to find out when their TRIAL Packs become available again!

 I love that you have the sanity of not having to embarrass yourself sending the HUBBY or getting them with your kids. INSERT me on tampon aisle in store, kids chattering away.. Baby possibly (probably) whining/trying to climb out of the buggy/insert other embarrassing kid moment here...
"Mommy, what are those for?"
"um... those are just Mommy's band-aids.. for when I bleed.."
"But how do they stick to you?"
"Gigi, this is bad timing.. "*ahem* ..."can we talk about this later?"
"BUT MOMMY!"
"Gigi, please.."
"How do they stick, & can I see them?"
Me.. whispering..
"Gigi they are for Mommies tootie..."
GIGI LOUDLY..
"EW! GROSS!@#?@!! What do you put them on there for?"
*ME SHAKING MY HEAD*


And that's why you should buy them online!

Facebook.com/maximhy
Maximhy


*Disclaimer*  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine

10 comments:

Donna George said...

I love that they have a way to keep the tampon from shredding. That would be my major concern for these all-natural products.

blandmj said...

Guess I never knew there were toxins in those things! Guess I actually never thought about it before.

schwip said...

I like that they are organic

schwip23@gmail.com

Elaine Bolduc said...

this seems like it would be a nice safe product to use....someone has to take care of us women :)

Trisha B said...

I love using all Organic products and these sound great.
champ_ion76(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tami Vollenweider said...

I guess at the time I never paid attention to this!I like that their are more Companies today watching out for us!

Tami Vollenweider said...

I guess at the time I never paid attention to this. I like that their are a lot of Companies today watching out for us1

1955nurse said...

OMG - LOVE the little "Scenario" you described, it's something EVERY Mom dreads in the store, LOL! It's great that these are delievered right to you! Also love the biodegradable/organic aspect!!!

Unknown said...

Eww toxins. I never knew that tampons had toxins in them! I guess I am getting all natural tampons from now on. Thanks for the review.

jill24295 said...

I've always preferred ob tampons, so I like that these are similar in design. I'd definitely try them!
jillcollins68@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.