Wednesday, June 27, 2012

KLUTZ - Turn bottle caps into wearable art! (Book Review)



Mini Capsters Jewelry: Turn Bottle Caps Into Wearable Art   by Eva Steele-Saccio 


Another Scholastic review? No way!
 Yes, yes way! I am getting to love this company! Who am I kidding? I have always loved Scholastic, and it is definitely a name I remember growing up with. So looking forward to those awesome Book Fairs, no? When they have them at my child's school, I ALWAYS buy her a book, I do not care how broke I am, it is a part of growing up that I want her to have good memories of.
 It is oh-so important to foster a love of reading I cannot emphasize that enough. Giana started reading easy books at 4 and now she has just turned 7 and she is devouring chapter books. It is nice to get a break from all the educational reading and do some reading about something she loves! Being crafty!!!

This little set comes with everything you need, jewelry making bands, glue, gemstones, and all the works to get your own little jewelry made for you and your friends. I hope she makes me one! I have flipped all through it and it is very thorough and shows pictures depicting what should be done step by step along the way!

The book is appropriate for ages 9+ I definitely agree with that! Giana needs a good bit of help to do this. Shes a rush into it first, ask questions later, and that is the only drawback to her owning this cute little book!
She has a tendency to mess up what she is working on beyond repair and the book (in my opinion) didn't quite have enough "capsters" to have room for error.
I know the book retails $21.99 and that to me; seems entirely too much for this book. I would give about 15.99 and that might be pushing it.
Comes with: 15 mini bottle caps, 3 big bottle caps, custom glaze, cord, beads, jewels, sequins, earring wires, clasps, jump rings

Turn pre-punched bottle caps into stylish jewelry. Simply squirt some Klutz glaze into a bottle cap and embellish with any of 250 punch-out art pieces, jewels, sequins, or beads. Then follow the super-easy instructions to transform the bottle caps - regular or adorably mini - into gorgeous chandelier earrings, charming charm bracelets, chic pendant necklaces, and more. 
I couldn't find a link to the item on Scholastic however, so here is a link to it on Klutz's website: www.klutz.com/Mini-Capsters-Jewelry

Do bear in mind, the Book Fair comes to your child's school at least 2x a year, right? You can always look for it there as well!



This book has won a Parents Choice Award!!!


$21.99 Ages 8 And Up, Grades 3 And Up-  Crafts & Hobbies Klutz 62 pages




Disclaimer* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.