Monday, July 16, 2012

Mally Beauty (review)

Mally Roncal sells her makeup on QVC, but it is also available for purchase online. It is awesome! I wasn't sure whether or not I would like it since I can be extremely particular about facial products. I have what they call "bad skin" I suffer breakouts, and the makeup I wear has to have good coverage, and of course it can't make my situation worse. :)
I should probably ask mally about what she does to keep her skin so glowing and bright! She's so beautiful! 

Mally Beauty sent me all the items pictured above!!!

Lets start with my favorite item, pictured below. That is definitely this: Perfect Prep Body Slimmer. Now they call it a "body slimmer" but to be perfectly honest (how else could I be?) I use this as a blush and I put it on my cheeks, and use it to highlight the contours of my face. It has tiny gold flecks throughout it, and has a real shimmer. I used it on my décolleté...



Mally’s Perfect Prep Body Slimmer is the artist’s secret technique to slim arms and legs, accent décolleté and generally get the Light on your side to make you look fabulous. Use the special wood and foam applicator to spread luminous light and accent the bones and features in legs, arms, collarbones…anywhere you want a touch of light. Special foam spreads the silky formula so all you see is a hint of beautiful light.Available in Lighter or deeper. $35


 I am so sorry, every-time I say that word I crack up laughing, so I have literally been sitting here a good ten minutes laughing about that word "décolleté"  I told my Mom once it was pronounced "dick a lot" and now it's a running joke.
Moving on...
I loved the applicator for this, the sponge almost feels "memory-foam"ish and it glides on smoothly. The applicator is wooden, and feels strudy and long-lasting - this "body slimmer" is HUGE so it will last me a long time too! This is why it is my favorite. I would have never picked it out, so that's awesome. One good thing about being sent random things.. you might just find out you would like something you had NO idea you would! See?

In close tie for first, but fell into the 2nd favorite must-have Mally Beauty product is this
As I said earlier, I have bad skin, so I need a powder with a lot of cover-up. I can be super picky about liquid make-up, as it tends to settle in my huge pores there-by clogging them up, hence making my bad skin even worse. I prefer to stick to light powders with wonderful coverage. This has amazing coverage, without being heavy! It did NOT break me out at all, and I love the compact is metal and pink, and it even has details inside (see pic below) - that make it prettier such as the snakeskin pattern.
Leave your skin looking fresh and naturally beautiful with Visible Skin Adjustable Coverage Foundation. Based on the principle that the amount of coverage your face needs varies from day to day, this adjustable foundation lets the best parts of your skin show through. The formula brushes on dry for a light look and can be applied wet, with a sponge, to cover imperfections.Available in:
Fair, Light, Medium, Tan, and Rich.  ($35)






In 3rd place and rounding out the Top 3 favorite Mally Beauty products is this: Evercolor Poreless Face Defender. Which is actually another product I didn't want, or know I would like so much. What it is is sort of a primer for your makup. I wouldn't put it on top of my powder, but underneath it, and it helps keep makup fresh and skin moisturized. It feels so silky on your skin, and reminds me of a serum. It is so cool, a clear powder.. who would've thought such a thing possible.. or useful.. but it is!!!
Mally’s Evercolor Poreless face Defender is the perfect finishing touch for your Makeup look. This remarkable technology yields a waterclear, featherweight product that diffuses the look of pores and fine lines, helps makeup last and last, and helps protect your makeup look. Finishes a look, mattifies and smoothes, without the dry, ashy look of powder. Apply with the uniquely luxurious buffed edge Japanese sponge.
($32)

I was also sent these concealing sticks, which I LOVE! I was only even able to find the links to one of them online, for some reason. My favorite is the pink stick, which has a brush, and twists up liquid makeup/concealer. Works like a charm!
Here's a link to the one I found: (green stick)
Lightwand Eye Brightener Which is like an eyeliner, but in a nude shade. ($25) It is a twist up stick. 
Eight hour of sleep in a wand! Freshen up your look any time of day with The Light Wand Eye Brightener Powder Pencil. One end has a creamy, long-wearing pencil that instantly lightens and brightens. An extra-soft dabber on the other end lets you highlight the eye with illuminating powder. For all skin tones.


I was also sent a  liquid makeup, which I was shocked is not my favorite, because it didn't give me the coverage I was wanting out of it.. but I can't even seem to find it online on their site either. Perhaps it was discontinued.. I do love everything they sent, although some of the products I love more than others, but that is a given! :)


If you are interested please see these money saving bundles!!
Kits!
Watch their blog videos or Subscribe to mallytvproductions on Youtube
OR Follow them on twitter @mallybeauty

Disclaimer* 
 I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.