Monday, April 23, 2012

NEW Brillo Estracell® products (review)


 I was sent some samples of Brillo products recently. In addition to Brillo pads, there are Brillo Estracell® products that can be used for different areas of your kitchen, bathroom, etc. Brillo is the only household cleaning brand to feature products with Estracell®, a nonorganic material formulated from proprietary formula to form a product similar in composition to a natural ocean sponge. Independent test results demonstrate that bacteria will not feed and survive on the sponge fibers of the Estracell® material…naturally.

 With these more sanitary sponges it helps in eliminating cross contamination. I was sent (pictured, above)  Brillo pads, Brillo Estracell® More Sanitary No Scratch Scrub Sponge with Wedge Edge (can be used for the sink and hard to reach cracks and crevices on countertops and showers) and Brillo Estracell® More Sanitary Sponge Wipe (perfect for wiping down counters and tables).



 Overall, I enjoy these products because I do worry about rags. I know rags are extremely better for the environment than paper towels. I scarcely ever buy paper towels. They seem so wasteful and destructive to the environment. I am definitely a tree-hugger to the core. That being said, I always use rags. My husband likes to use the same rag for 3-4 days, but that is because he is a man and he doesn't understand. To me, that's super gross and I can go through 2-3 dish rags a day.



 I like these little sponges because I can microwave them in a small bowl with a bit of water to sanitize them, or I can run them through the dishwasher, even the washing machine actually. The sponges clean efficiently and streak free. Although I am tempted to wash them far too frequently I would buy these gain, and think they are so much better than cheap sponges and even cheaper cleaning solutions you can find elsewhere. 

Of the three sponge types, the best IMHO  (In My Humble Opinion) is the Brillo Estracell® More Sanitary Sponge Wipe, I feel at ease knowing a ton of bacteria isn't thriving on a nasty sponge, and I love that it is less disruptive to the oceanic environment, since it isn't an actual sponge from the ocean.


Disclaimer: I did not received any monetary compensation for this review. I did receive a free product to try out so I could evaluate and use it for this review. My thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.I am not responsible for delivery of any giveaway items won from this blog. We are not responsible for injury or mis-use of any products won from the Blog. Please read our Terms of Service & Disclaimer Policy before entering our giveaways. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.