Bigen rescued me, ans sent me a bottle of their semi permanent hair dye. They have all sorts of colors, from bright and funky (for me) and normal colors you can find anywhere. I found a color that looked awesome online called Intensive Ruby Red. Let's go over the pro's and con's that I noticed of this hair dye really quick for you.
- Very inexpensive only $4.99 a bottle.
- I got many compliments, the color was extremely bright and radiant.
- It stained my bath tub less than any dye I have yet seen. (BTW Clorox Clean Up Spray took the pink color that was terribly sunk-in right out) This is my favorite trait this dye offers.
- It didn't stain my skin as bad as most dyes do (BTW Vaseline, Aquaphor or Eucerin around the ears and hair line works well for that too)
- Didn't run in my clothes and towels too bad like they usually do. Usually I have to wear the same color shirts as my hair for the first 2-3 days.
- Smells good!
- Extremely semi-permanent, started to fade pretty bad after 2 weeks, or 8 washes.
- Almost entirely gone from my hair at 3 weeks. (This could be a pro for some) The pink from Hot Topic is actually still underneath it and fighting to hold on, some 2 months later.
- The color online isn't true to the BRIGHT red it put on my hair. The color online, looks slightly pink, which is why I ordered it, but it came out FIRE engine red. It was OK though, and it looked really good- just not what I was expecting. But also bear in mind- most dyes are going to look different on different people, because the color underneath will be different from person to person.
This is me the day AFTER dyeing my hair (crazy eyes) above and below.
....and me again below on the 2nd week
The third week. (below)
As you can see above, it is almost halfway gone. But it is a semi-permanent.
Next time, I would want to try the Intensive Violet red, which looks light pink in the picture below. Wonder what it would look like on me?
They also have permanent powder, which I have never tried in some awesome colors, like blue and purple. maybe I should try those? Wish I had seen them when I picked out the red, and I could tell you of it's staying power!
I ma definitely interested in this color: Deep Burgundy by Bigen. (below)
So what do YOU think? Pink, or Red? I am thinking Purple next time.
*Disclaimer* I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Disclosure Statement: Hit Entertainment provided Locomotion of Expressions with this review & giveaway. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post.