Friday, December 2, 2011

Funky Monkey Freeze Dried Fruit Snack (review)



You can enter to win them, on my Sister Blog, My Crazy Life!


Funky Monkey Snacks are a line of freeze-dried fruit that are 100% natural, 100% real fruit, and 100% delicious – with 3 servings of fruit in each 1oz bag!  Our “fruit that crunches” provides the ultimate snack, fusing the great taste, smell, and nutritional goodness of fresh fruit with the crunch and convenience of conventional snacks.

Here are some additional Funky Monkey highlights:
•             Funky Monkey Snacks are all-natural with no added colors, flavors, sugars, or preservatives
•             Our special, proprietary manufacturing process provides for a crunchier texture vs. conventional freeze-drying techniques
•             We use full slices and pieces (not dices) of delicious, fresh fruit
•             Funky Monkey is made at the source in Brazil, using fresh, tropical fruits at the peak of freshness
•             Our products are gluten-free, certified Kosher, and certified non-GMO
•             One of our 7 flavors, Purple Funk, also includes açai, a berry from the Amazon that is viewed as the newest superfood

Well, what did we think?

I really liked them, but was not sent full sized samples to facilitate an accurate review. I got a mere taste test of them. From what I tasted though- I did like very much. I only wish I had received the three serving bags that Beth received!
They average about $2.50 a bag, or sometimes you can find a 12 pack for a little under 30$! That is a pretty good deal.
Since they are incredibly healthy, I would highly recommend these, as they make great travel food, they do not make many crumbs for car rides. Though the bottom of the bag naturally has some crumbles and settling- which my one year old promptly spilled into the floor. Par for course, right?
Having a picky baby such as I, you would appreciate that these snacks are organic, and very healthy. Did I mention how healthy they are? (LOL) Providing your daily recommended serving of fruit. Now I know fruit is hard to get my kids to eat daily. In fact- (shh!) they don't eat it everyday. If I had more of these, or had them handy, I am sure we might be able to fight some of these rampant germs in this town better. I am sick of being sick!


In any case,  here are OUR opinions of each flavor.
I hope I can find these in my stores, because from what I did taste... I really did like.
So without further ado, here we go!






Let's start with what I did not like.
Beth received these, and told me how yummy they were, so I just had to try them for myself! Her favorite was the Lime Pineapple called Jivealime.
Beth loved it, and raved about it, though I did not much care for this flavor. I passed the few bites to Giana and she enjoyed them immensely.
Here's the nutrition info for Jivealime!




Next, there was Mango OJ.
Again, not my favorite, but not as bad as the Jivealime. But- Giana and Devonny both loved it!
It is orange juice soaked freeze dried Mango!
Here's the impressive nutrition info for it:


Next, brings us around  to the delicious Applemon. Freeze Dried apple sliced with organic cinnamon. Of all the flavors, (Giana really did love them all.. she is six by the way) This was her favorite! Below is the Applemon nutrition info. As you can see, the apples - yummy as they are, do not have an impressive nutritional content, other than a little Iron, albeit important, only offering a mere 4% and a little dietary fiber. Still a better lower fat/calorie option than any fast-food OR french fries and chips etc..




Freeze dried and organic banana, apple, papaya and  pineapple fill their very tasty Carnaval Mix! I liked this one a lot, was almost my favorite. In line, only next to the very very very delicious Bananamon! This one beat them all, and tasted better than a fresh banana!


I thik you get the idea about the nutrition info, so I'll stop here with that! If you are interested to learn more about their products, and the other flavors, as there are a few more.. please checkout their website: www.funkymonkeysnacks.com/flavors. 


I didn't get to try Pink Pineapple, but the kids gobbled it down in as little as one minute. Here's how that went, lol- I turned around and they few pieces were gone!  :( Obviously, they liked them very much.
The bag smelled good?
The Pink Pineapple is freeze dried pineapple and guava!


The final flavor you might want my opinion about was the Purple Funk, which is basically all banana with organic purple flecks of Acia all over them. It looked kinda crazy- but I thought it tasted very good!




I was pleased to find that you can buy Funky Monkey snacks on Amazon. 
 Other places you will find Funky Monkey SnacksThey barely sent me a few pieces, although I did get to try each flavor. I'll have to buy some I suppose!
:)
Please be warned, if you buy the smaller bags that they sent out to me, there is barely a handful of fruit in them.


Sign up for their newsletter!
 http://www.funkymonkeysnacks.com/forms/newsletter.aspx
Follow @funkymonkeysnck on Twitter
"Like" them on Facebook www.facebook.com/FunkyMonkeySnacks
Discover Funky Monkey- the fruit that crunches!




Please remember, you can win your own on my best friend's blog giveaway!


You can enter to win them, on my Sister Blog, My Crazy Life! Her giveaway ends on 12/11!

*Disclaimer*  I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.