Sunday, February 20, 2011

Community Coffee Carnivale Cake

Community Coffee Carnivale Cake Gift Set






Community Coffee is a family owned Louisiana coffee company. They make all sorts of different varieties/flavors. I am an avid coffee drinker. A connoisseur if you will. Call me the coffee concierge. I drink coffee constantly.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Community Coffee is a coffee roasting and retail company based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US. Founded in 1919, Community Coffee is the largest family-owned coffee company in America. Community Coffee uses 100% Arabica coffee beans. The company has developed partnerships with coffee growers in South America and Africa for community-building efforts and bird-friendly coffee growing methods. Community Coffee is distributed in eleven Southern states and shipped around the world via communitycoffee.com. It can be found in most restaurants, offices, grocery and convenience stores throughout Louisiana, most large grocery chains in Texas and Mississippi, and select stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and North and South Carolina. Community Coffee was the first coffee company to use vacuum sealed bags and percolators. Most of their bags are dark red/burgundy in color, while the "red bag" denotes the bright red bags in which the New Orleans Blend is packaged. New Orleans Blend, Community's coffee and chicory blend, is available in grocery stores and is brewed in the coffeehouses. However, the coffeehouses do not carry New Orleans Blend for purchase, but instead have a variety of all the blends, varietals, and flavored beans the company is currently producing, as well as bags of 100% chicory so that customers can create their own "New Orleans Blend." "

I love iced coffee and have grown quite fond of Dunkin Donuts. When I lived in Connecticut (Groton) there was a DD literally every few miles. Unfortunately (for me) my hometown in Birmingham has little to none. Where I live now.. I'd have to drive to Jacksonville (a good 45 minutes) just to get one! Even if there was one local.. I really cant afford to buy them all the time. Making your own is so much more price efficient.

I have even perfected making iced coffee, but I'll tell you about how to make the perfect iced coffee in a minute.

Community Coffee's Carnivale Cake coffee is a Mardi Gras inspired coffee. How Mardi Gras and coffee relate, is strange, but I will tell you. Mardi Gras people get so drunk and stay out all night. I can picture this as I am saying it too... wake up and say, I need fuel to keep going! LOL! Insert Carnivale Cake! *snickering at my little joke* No, I'm just being silly.

Mardi Gras is not ONLY celebrated in the US as we know it, but also has HUMONGOUS festivals in Belgium, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Italy & the Netherlands. Fat Tuesday from what I understand is about eating a last night of rich food before the ritual fasting of Lent. Mardi Gras celebrations have always included costumes, drinks, dancing, and parades.

If you are wanting to celebrate Fat Tuesday, you can definitely do it with this coffee! I couldn't stop drinking it. I had about 6 cups. I am hyper sensitive to caffeine .. so now I am wired!!! I made it in my Keurig my husband bought for me, by putting it in my "My K-Cup".


Let me tell you about the flavor they sent to me. Its a vanilla cinnamon flavor. It reminds me of a cinnamon bun. The smell is strong and fragrant, lingering for a long time. Its a rich and dark coffee, but not too rich. It was so delicious. I think I just found my new favorite coffee. Dunkin Donuts who? :)


They sent me a super cute gift set that included a bag of Carnviale Cake coffee and their really cute tumbler (pictured above) and it also had some festive mardi gras beads!

I make my iced coffee by making coffee 2 to 3x stronger than it should be made. That way when the ice melts in it, it is not watery. I usually add a Torani syrup and milk or half & half, or flavored creamer. Sometimes I just use caramel syrup.



You can FOLLOW Community Coffee on twitter HERE

ALSO.. you can "like" their facebook fan page HERE psstt... right now they are offering a 2$ off coupon on the facebook page!

Unfortunately there is no giveaway this time... but maybe next time!

Get yourself (or someone special) some of this addictive coffee by clicking
Carnivale Cake (ground coffee) here. They sell ground and whole bean, and feel free to browse their other coffee varieties! PS... They also sell King Cake!

Parents magazine has some suggestions for family/kid friendly Mardi Gras ideas!~

(click the image to ZOOM and make it bigger to read!)

3 comments:

COURtENEY.bRiANNE said...

It looks good to me. Every post you write gets better.

Unknown said...

aww thats so sweet!~ i HEART YOU GF!

mrs.shopper said...

cute babies. following u from prplace. Please follow me back at www.simplyshopandsave.ca Could not find your network blogs, facebook. Mrs.Shopper with purple bag logo

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.