Friday, May 6, 2011

Second deadliest tornado outbreak in US history



Its horrible about those tornadoes that ran through the south east last week. I am from Alabama, and that is where majority of destruction, devastation and deaths were. It saddens me, because I am so far away, I can't do much to help! I am going to try to raise money to help them, but you have to help me too! I am having a Yesteryear Soaps purchase party to benefit victims of the storms. How it will work:

Yesteryear is going to send me a three bar sampler. I picked EXOTIC - I should be getting them soon, Shortly after I receive them, I will write a review on them, then, a few days later be hosting the party right here from my blog! You can stop by anytime on that certain specific day, which I will let you know in the review (so keep your eyes peeled for it!)

A percentage of the money from the soaps sales from my blog, will be sent through paypal. Please tell as many people as you can about this, and I have below included pictures, links, and videos of the storms aftermath.

It is tragic and shocking. So sad over 340 lives were lost in the massive storm system that is claimed to have spawned as many as 100= tornadoes. No one ever thinks it will happen to them. No matter where you are, you are never safe from disasters such as these, there are always Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Nuclear disasters, Tornadoes, Floods, Hurricanes, Fires, Plane Crashes, Car Crashes, .. I hate to be morbid, but it is true. Our lives are precious and fragile and should NOT be taken for granted. Still we as a whole are caring and compassionate and we must help each other out when we can. How can we do so? By donating money, items, food, or a hand.
You can make a cash gift online or by visiting your local Red Cross office, and you can text message REDCROSS to 90999 to give a $10 donation via your mobile phone.

ABC News video

Tornado victims and survivors photos have been found as far away as the neighboring states. A facebook page was set up to reconnect people with their lost precious photographs.
https://www.facebook.com/PicturesandDocumentsfoundafterAprilTornadoes
























Donation and volunteer information

Damage total cost

Video of officials touring damage

7 ways

Pleasant grove looting and curfew

Grief stricken first responders

A riveting photo slideshow

Tuscaloosa, a city of more than 83,000 that saw some of the worst damage

Confirmed deaths

How can you help?

Heres an article about EXACTLY what I was talking about above. Being hard to take it too seriously. A MUST READ!
http://blog.al.com/wire/2011/04/tornadoes_path_tracing_the_tra.html

Animals Lost & Found from the Tornadoes in Alabama on 4/27/11

Sobering article by Associated Press

Other things you need to know

Aerial damage of Tuscaloosa damage

Four videos of the tornado



People across the country can help support Tide Loads of Hope by purchasing a Tide Loads of Hope vintage tee by visiting www.tideloadsofhope.com. All of the profits from the tees go to help families affected by natural disaster.

The one thing NOT to do

Do not travel to a storm-ravaged community unless you have the means to provide entirely for yourself (food and shelter), and even then realize that local authorities may not be able to accommodate you. It's best to travel with an organization that's made arrangements with local authorities to participate in relief operations.





It will be a long road to recovery....

~There are some debts that cannot be repaid, only honored. God bless you all who help.~

1 comments:

Crystal White said...

Thank you Casey you have a kind heart for this I am doing everything I can to help those affected worse then myself by giving all of the clothes that no longer fit my girls or myself and the toys that my girls don't play with. It saddens me to think of all those children that don't understand why they have nothing to call home or even remind them of what home was. They have comdemned my house two days ago and it looks like we will be relocating but thank you for this it brings my spirits up to know that people really do care and want to help those of us that don't have the money to start all over!! THANK YOU!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.