_I received a sampler of Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen herbs to review as a part of a Blog Friendly PR campaign. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received._
I think if what I just said above applies to you too, then these herbs are perfect for you. Daregal Gourmet Amazon store is where I would recommend buying them, but then again I really love Amazon and buy a lot of stuff from there, it is only natural I would recommend it. I love that the herbs are so easy to open and buy and use. The box has a BUNCH of herbs in it, but still doesn't take up a lot of space in my freezer.. which is really tiny and forever tight on space anyway!
Daregal Gourmet herbs are available on Amazon.com and in the Northeast region at Stop n Shop, Giant Landover, & Shaws!
• Fresh Frozen Herbs are Washed, Chopped and Ready to add to any meal.
• Herbs can be sprinkled without defrosting
• Partnerships with farmers allows us to control the entire process from seed to fork
• Customed designed patented machinery for harvesting and manufacturing
• Grown in open fields and harvested at the optimal maturity.
• Quick freezing preserves the color, flavor, texture and fragrance.
Long life : 3 years in the freezer
Long life : 3 years in the freezer
Look how easy!~Remove from Freezer
Shake box to loosen herbs
Sprinkle the desired amount onto meal
Return to freezer immediately after use
Do not thaw - Keep frozen!
We decided to rent the movie EPIC from Redbox!
I cooked spaghetti and got to use the parsley, garlic and the basil Daregal sent me in it. It was so yummy. I don't know what was better, the spaghetti or the movie!!
Probably the spaghetti since I made so much and there were leftovers... lol
1/2 lb of breakfast sausage (mild)
1/2 lb of Hamburger meat (I use grassfed beef)
(If you have Italian sausage, you can use that instead of sausage and HB meat as well, just vary the recipe to your liking)
1 package of angel hair spaghetti noodles, or whatever pasta you fancy.
1 fresh tomato, or a can of tomatoes.
1 spoon of olive oil or butter (to put in the water of the noodles, it prevents them from sticking)
I jar of spaghetti sauce (no I am not a super mom and do NOT make my own homemade.. ain't NOBODY got time fo dat!~) I prefer a basil or a meat sauce.
1 can of mushrooms OR I use fresh Mushrooms sliced (1 package)
1 Green, or red or yellow bell pepper. I used green this time, but usually use red so my daughter thinks it's tomatoes.. (that's a good Casey trick for ya!)
1 whole onion, I prefer purple, but this time I used yellow.
I also use 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 tablespoon of ketchup (while your cooking the meat, in the meat.. and I know it sounds crazy, but it makes it taste soooo much better!) and also 1 spoon again later in the finished sauce.
1 used 1 heaping spoon of Daregal Garlic, 1 Heaping spoon of Daragel Basil and a PINCH of Daregal parsley in the noodles while they were cooking.
Here's the directions, just in case you have never made spaghetti.. lol
Before you start cooking the meat, go ahead and chop 1/2 of the onion, to cook in with the meat. Then put your water on to boil. I add a spoon of sea salt, a pinch of the Daregal parsley AND a spoonful of olive oil to the water. Then, I start to brown the meat, the sausage and HB meat, and while it's cooking, add the ketchup and sugar. to the raw meat.
While the meat is cooking, open whatever jars and cans, need to be opened, and start chopping whatever vegetables you want to put in (the other half of the onion, mushroom, tomato, bell pepper) You can substitute a can of tomatoes over fresh, I will sometimes use a can of chopped or stewed tomatoes with basil if I do not have a fresh tomato.
You can drain the meat or not drain the meat. If you do not, it will be greasy, if you rinse all the oil off the meat in a colander, you lose a lot of the flavor, so what I like to do is strain it, but NOT rinse it, leaving a little of the grease/flavor, but not too much.
Once you do that, you start the sauce. Add all of the vegetables and seasonings in, including the other spoon of sugar and ketchup (the ketchup has vinegar in it, which really livens up the spaghetti, I PROMISE!) and use a BUNCH of the Daregal basil and garlic. Garlic and basil are oh so healthy and you can contradict me all you want, you CANNOT use too much, but you can use too little. You can add salt and pepper to season the sauce after all the vegetables have cooked.
You can mix the sauce with the noodles or keep them in separate containers and serve! Health yand delish!
Want to win herbs like I got for yourself?
Prize: Daregal Gourmet Herb Sampler
Enter to win by commenting.
Giveaways closes Oct 15th at NOON Eastern! Comments left after that Timestamp will be deleted and will not count.
The winner will be chosen from random.org.
Comment to be entered to win a prize package of four boxes of frozen herbs, just like I received!!
Each separate comment will be counted as ONE entry, after the first day of comments, you can come back and tweet this giveaway daily (1x per day) and leave a link to your tweet for one daily extra entry! :)
Here's what Daregal and I would LOVE to talk about: 11 comments poss the first day. Please leave an email address in at least one comment entry.
- Comment what you think about my review and recipe to be entered to win.
- Leave a second separate comment about what herbs from Daregal Gourmet you would like to try the most
- Leave a comment what RECIPE you would cook using the herbs if you win.
- What are "secret ingredient" most people wouldn't think to use, but really help make your fave dish special?\
- Grab a SECRET WORD and comment below, the days secret word here: (can do daily) http://1caseycolette.blogspot.com/2013/10/next-time-its-wingdings-dont-tell-me.html
- Comment about favorite ways to use herbs.
- Comment "I want to win!"
- Comment that you "LIKE" both of these facebook pages: LocomotionOfExpressions AND Daregal.gourmet
- Comment that you follow both of these Pinterest pages: BlogFriendlyPR & 1caseycolette
- Comment that you follow both of these twitter account: @1caseycolette AND @BlogFriendlyPR
- Starting today: and you can come back daily and tweet this giveaway for an extra daily entry! Use the Tweet/share buttons along the bottom of this post, but above the comments. Leave a link to your tweet please mention @1caseycolette.
Thank you so much for your support of my blog! Hope you enjoy my recipe and my review and come back to enter more of my giveaways! Or click here now to find more to enter!!!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” The opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own. Your experience with the product may differ from mine. The sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and will be shipping the winner(s) their prize(s). For more information read my rules/disclosure policy.