Saturday, July 17, 2010

What tips, tricks or strategies do you suggest to make sure kids to embrace summer reading?

My lil girl is only five. Yet reads on a 3rd grade level. I taught her how to read! We started off w Flash Cards w ABC's on them. and then we moved up to tracing letters. Then, we moved on to a set of 5 dvds by leapfrog, phonics, learn to read at the letter factory, etc, etc. the songs and bright colors are so captivating to at toddler than she became immersed in the movies and would watch them up to 4 or 5x a day! It was long at all before she4 was reading her board book, and w positive reinforcement and encouragement from me, moved on to much bigger and better books, she doesn't yet read chapter books, and hasnt started kindergarten yet, but will be in a few months, but for a child who has never even been in daycare, I'm so proud of her! (...and me too!)
~Casey!~



I Can Read! BooksBecome an I Can Read! Member

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! If you are entering my giveaway, please make sure you are following my blog through Google Friend Connect. It is NOT mandatory -However, karma begs that you do! Here's why; the more followers this blog has, the more great things I can continue to bring you. Remember in order to win on Locomotion of Expressions, all you have to do is place one comment stating that you want to win.